söndag 29 januari 2012

Have I grown up or did I just become plane Jane?

While working on my sketchbook which is due in less then two days I started thinking for myself "Have I grown up or did I just become plane Jane"? Because at the moment, I can't really decided.

Ever since I hit the freedom of being able to express yourself at the golden years of a teenager, I started immediately to explore different eras. I was a punker, rocker, alternative, prep, and at one point - tried to look like the popular kids just to become one of them. (Which by the way is something I'll never ever recommend anyone else.)
16 and loved having my hair colored in turquoise.
And after all that, I turned 20 and later on 21. And though my love for body modifications/ body art always will be strong - I can't see myself getting a new piercing done. Nor color my hair in a different shade than natural. To be honest, it makes me a bit sad.
Gold, Silver, Pitch black, pink, green, turquoise, purple, orange, yellow, red.. Those are the colors I would get and use back and forth. Oh boy did I love it!
Never in a million years did I think at that time - I would come to this stage where I am now, dressing up only in the eras from the 19th century and wishing to get back to my natural hair-color.
It's all so odd to me.

I guess many of you doesn't know but I haven't been "wearing" my natural color for almost ten years.
Yep, you read it right. I started of by getting my hair chestnut red by the age of 12 and since then, I never looked back. (Until now so to speak.)

Having pink hair was one of the ultimate favs.


The last time I had my natural color. Age 12 going 13.
So I guess by writing all of this (which might just be considered babbling, I'm trying to find out what actually happened. Being 'plane' has never worked for me, but maybe I'm just growing up to be a lady.
Still, I see so many alternative people covered with tattoos that looks amazing. For example Kat von D and Beatrice Martin. And then I see these others like Kate Winslet, Betty Page, Elizabeth Taylor - and I all want is to become a lady as beautiful as them.

I don't know. What am I trying to get out of this post? Not sure at all. But I guess we all get to different stages and what we have to do is find where we see ourselves and what makes us shine. 

So, whoever it is that might be reading this - don't take my thoughts as a criticism or so. Cause it's not. I believe that you can be the most beautiful girl out there, wether you're covered in the most perfect art or completely nude from it. Stay proud! 

Lots and lots of love,
Evan

1 kommentar:

  1. Den sista bilden av dig när du va så liten, brings back memories! De är synd att vi inte kan umgås lika mycket som förr ^^ //Lysmask

    SvaraRadera